I decided to post today and realized that I hadn’t posted in months! I’m still researching the book I reported researching in my last post, but in between then and now:
- I attended a great conference hosted by the Association of Jewish Libraries. While there I got super exciting, top-secret news and then was told not to share it. (G-d-willing, I’ll be able to in a few months.)
- I figured out I couldn’t do the necessary research on that YA novel because my kids were home for the summer. I decided to shove the rest of the research off till fall.
- I got a wacky new idea for a Middle Grade novel and started writing it.
- I broke my arm. (Yes, my dominant arm.)
- I finished writing that MG novel, largely through voice-to-text and typing help from my husband and eldest son.
- I sent that MG book out to beta testers. (Thank G-d, they liked it, and I got a slew of useful suggestions to improve the book.)
- I got a rejection letter from the one agent who had the full manuscript of my adult-audience novel.
- The kids went back to school.
- I attended a great writing conference in Fallbrook at the library there.
- And now, because I got so many useful tips about my adult novel submission and my MG novel submission, I’m shoving off my YA novel research just a bit more. Hopefully, I’ll get to it in October, because my plan for the moment is to write that book during NaNoWriMo.
What did you get not get done this summer? What happened instead? What are your fall plans? I’d love to hear the answers to these questions!